Five Behaviors® Personal Development
When Should I Use Five Behaviors® Personal Development?
The Five Behaviors® Personal Development solution teaches individuals to become better teammates by integrating Patrick Lencioni’s model at the organizational level. The goal is to completely redefine teamwork and collaboration.
- Personal Development was designed specifically to work for individuals; participants do not all need to be part of the same team.
- Participants can carry the takeaways of this program from one team to the next, enabling a culture of teamwork.
- Learners at all levels of an organization can benefit from this program and adopt its powerful principles, shape behaviors, and create a common language that empowers people to rewrite what it means to work together.
What It Does
This is a tool to help individuals better understand, internalize, and apply the principles of The Five Behaviors model and to foster communication that can be used throughout an organization.
It’s designed to be delivered in a classroom setting of up to 30 participants, regardless of how well they know one another.
What Is The Five Behaviors® Model?
Below is a brief summary of the five behaviors.
Trust One Another
When team members are genuinely transparent and honest with one another, it forms a safe environment that creates and builds vulnerability-based trust.
Engage in Conflict Around Ideas
With trust, team members are able to engage in unfiltered, constructive debate of ideas.
Commit to Decisions
When team members are able to offer opinions and debate ideas, they feel heard and respected, and will be more likely to commit to decisions.
Hold One Another Accountable
Once everyone is committed to a clear plan of action, they will be more willing to hold one another accountable.
Focus on Achieving Collective Results
The ultimate goal is the achievement of results, unlocked through implementing the model’s principles of Trust, Conflict, Commitment, and Accountability.
The Program Includes:
- A computer-adaptive, psychological assessment
- Personal Development Profile and one-on-one Comparison Reports
- Facilitation that includes activities, video, and a handout, plus activities
A Productive High-Functioning Team
- Feels safe to ask for help and express their opinions
- Avoids wasting time and energy on politics, confusion, and destructive conflict
- Is committed to the end goal
- Holds one another accountable
- Has more fun—and delivers results!