Collective Leadership Assessment™
The Collective Leadership Assessment™ delivers a powerful 'litmus' test of your leadership team culture. Used for your entire organization, or just a leadership team, the Collective Leadership Assessment™ reveals valuable data: It tells you how your people view their current leadership team effectiveness, and compares that reality to the optimal effectiveness they desire. The 'gap' between data on the current state and the desired outcome instantly reveals key opportunities for leadership development. Furthermore, the Collective Leadership Assessment™ measures how your leadership effectiveness compares to that of other organizations.
Effective, collective leadership is your one competitive and strategic advantage that no one can copy.
-Dave Schrader, PhD
The Collective Leadership Assessment™ works seamlessly with the leadership circle profile 360 assessment.
The survey uses the same integral framework that makes the Leadership Circle Profile™ so powerful and effective. The Collective Leadership Assessment™ builds readiness for change at the group level and the Leadership Circle Profile™ provides in-depth feedback for individual leadership development. The profile measures both behavior and the leader's inner operating system that runs that behavior, and the assessment measures the impact of that behavior for the team and the organization.
THE COLLECTIVE LEADERSHIP ASSESSMENT™ WILL:
• Establish a compelling rationale for change.
• Focus leadership development efforts.
• Delineate leadership challenges associated with acquisitions, mergers, and restructuring plans.
• Correlate leadership to productivity, profits, turnover, and other bottom line metrics.
OVERVIEW AND BENEFITS:
• Measures the current leadership effectiveness and the desired future leadership effectiveness. Respondents fill out the same 62 questions twice—once for the way things are, and once for the way they want them to be. When results are displayed, the gap between current reality and desired state is highlighted. This focuses the conversation immediately on those aspects of leadership team effectiveness that most need to be addressed.
• Measures 31 dimensions of leadership effectiveness. These 31 dimensions are organized into eight summary dimensions and displayed in the same circular format as the inner circle of the Leadership Circle Profile™. The eight dimensions are further summarized into two measures of overall organizational health. Altogether, when you add it all up, the Collective Leadership Assessment™ provides 31 different dimensions through which to understand your current and desired leadership effectiveness.
• Taps into an ever-growing norm base that allows for your organization to be compared to the total norm base and/or to any industry group(s) that provide for valid comparisons.
• Break-out reports can easily be produced on every sub-group in an organization from the target team to the entire organization.
• Data display is vivid, precise, and easy to understand. It allows for immediate, in-depth understanding of this valuable information.
THE CREATIVE LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES assess 20 dimensions of leadership culture. They measure key leadership behaviors and internal assumptions that lead to an organizational culture where fulfillment and achievement are high. These dimensions are summarized into five dimensions:
The Relating Dimension measures the extent to which leaders in your organization relate to others in a way that brings out the best in people, groups and organizations. It measures how well the leadership culture of the organization builds quality relationships, fosters teamwork, collaborates, develops people, involves people in decision making and planning, and demonstrates a high level of interpersonal skill.
The Self-Awareness Dimension measures leadership’s orientation to ongoing professional and personal development, as well as the degree to which inner self-awareness is expressed through high integrity leadership. It is a measure of emotional and interpersonal maturity. It also measures the extent to which the culture encourages the kind of personal/professional development that results in personal mastery.
The Authenticity Dimension measures your leaders’ capability to relate to others in an authentic, courageous, and high integrity manner. It measures the extent to which their leadership is authentic—not masked by organizational politics, looking good, winning approval, etc. It also measures their ability to take tough stands, bring up the “un-discussables” (risky issues the group avoids discussing), to openly deal with relationship problems, and share personal feelings/vulnerabilities about a situation. Courage in the workplace involves authentically and directly dealing with risky issues in one-to-one and group situations.
The Systems Awareness Dimension measures the degree to which your awareness is focused on whole systems improvement and on community welfare (the symbiotic relationship between the long-term welfare of the community and the interests of the organization).
The Achieving Dimension measures the extent to which leaders offer visionary, authentic, and high achievement leadership. It measures the extent to which leaders encourage a focus on achieving end results that are at once purposeful and strategic. It measures the creative use of power and effective decision-making.
THE REACTIVE LEADERSHIP STYLES measure 11 dimensions of leadership culture that are reactive. They measure ways of leading that have strengths associated with them, but also reflect inner beliefs and behaviors that significantly limit effectiveness, authentic expression, and empowering leadership. These dimensions are summarized into three dimensions:
The Controlling Dimension measures the extent to which leaders establish a sense of personal worth through task accomplishment and personal achievement. It measures the extent to which leaders exert too much control, push themselves and others excessively hard, pursue results at the expense of people, and use overly aggressive tactics to get others to do what they want.
The Protecting Dimension measures the extent to which leaders act to protect themselves and establish a sense of worth/security by emotionally withdrawing and remaining distant, hidden, aloof, cynical, superior, and/or rational. This stance is often intellectually bright, but overly critical and cold.
The Complying Dimension measures the extent to which leaders act in ways that are overly conservative, cautious, and/or polite. It measures the extent to which leaders get a sense of self-worth and security by complying with the expectations of others rather than acting on what they intend and want.
The following measures are intended to bring everything together. They summarize all dimensions of the Collective Leadership Assessment™ into the following:
Creative-Reactive Scale reflects the degree of balance between the creative dimensions and the reactive dimensions. The percentile score here gives you a sense of how your leadership culture compares to that of other organizations. It measures the amount of energy your organization puts into reactive versus creative behavior. It suggests the degree to which your leadership, relationships and goal-oriented behaviors are coming out of a creative or reactive orientation. It also suggests the degree to which leaders’ self-concepts and inner motivations come from within or are determined by external expectations, rules, or conditions.
Task-Relationship Balance measures the degree of balance your organization shows between the achievement competencies and the relationship competencies. It is a measure of the over, under, or balanced development of either half of the equation (the people half or the task half) that makes for great leadership. Good balance results in high percentile scores.